Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sleeping through the night…now what?

B has been sleeping through the night for the past three weeks perfectly (Happy 11 weeks today bub!). He typically wakes up at about 5am for his first feeding of the day. We are very grateful for these good sleeping habits and enjoy our couple time as soon as he dozes off for the night. We cook dinner, hang out, talk about our day, watch a movie, play a game, etc.
So what’s my problem? My problem is that I have been consistently waking up at about 2am every single morning - like clockwork. I am restless and wide awake as if I could get up and start my day. During this time I try really hard to fall back asleep by tossing and turning. Occasionally, I’ll get on the computer but that only stimulates my brain and wakes me up even more! I like to peek in on B and watch him sleep; both he and Steve are so peaceful at these hours. The house is quiet, the streets are empty, and there’s nothing left for this mama to do. No baby to feed, no diapers to change, no soothing to do...just little ‘ol me awake in my thoughts.

Hope tonight is a different story (one of which includes a full night’s rest).

No comments:

Post a Comment